Have you deleted your WhatsApp messages accidentally or during updating iOS to the latest WhatsApp version? If you have backed up WhatsApp messages and just looking for an easy way to restore them securely from iPhone to Android, then read on to find the solution. Also, if you are searching for effective WhatsApp backup and restore solution this article would be helpful.
Two Common methods to restore WhatsApp messages from iCloud
- Backup and restore WhatsApp from iCloud using Backup
Well, there are some common methods available to help you back and restore WhatsApp from iPhone to Android. Ideally, these methods won’t be helpful in moving your WhatsApp messages from iPhone to Android. The reason being WhatsApp on iPhone backs the data using iCloud whereas WhatsApp on Android uses Google drive for data backup. Android can’t identify the WhatsApp backup and thus it becomes difficult to restore the data stored on the iPhone. Let us find out how this method won’t work and you will be stuck in between by going through the process step by step
Step 1. Backup your WhatsApp messages to iCloud on iOS
On your iPhone, open WhatsApp and head to – Settings>Chats>Chat Backup and simply click – “Back up”
Step 2. Now you need to uninstall WhatsApp and re-install it on Android.
Once you have uninstalled and re-installed WhatsApp via Google Play Store, you need to log in to your WhatsApp account which was in use on your iOS device.
Step 3. Unable to restore your iPhone WhatsApp messages to Android
You will see a pop-up window that displays the following message “Message Backup Found” further asking for your permission to restore the backup. But, you will not be able to find the backup that you tried creating on your iPhone. This is because the backup file was stored on iCloud using Apple service whereas WhatsApp on Android makes use of Google drive to identify and restore the backup. Thus, the things will be stuck here with no option to continue further.
- Restore WhatsApp Messages from iPhone to Android using Email
Certainly, this is an easy and free method, but you will be able to only view your WhatsApp messages in your Email. You actually won’t be able to successfully restore WhatsApp messages stored on iPhone to Android phone.
Step 1. On iPhone, simply open WhatsApp and click – Settings >Chat settings.
Step 2. Select any of the WhatsApp messages and tap on it and then swipe to left. Here you will find the option – “More”. Just tap on it and from the list select – Export Chat. If you want you can choose to attach media with your email.
Step 3. Select/type your email address and the press- Send
Step 4. On Android phone, log in using your email and view the WhatsApp messages stored on the iPhone.
Well, the above two methods do not solve the purpose of backup and restore WhatsApp messages from iPhone to Android. The first solution which uses “back up now” feature will not help you view the backup file stored on iCloud. The second solution that uses Email to restore WhatsApp but, will not actually help you restore WhatsApp messages to Android but only allow you to view them. So, not either of the above two standard solutions can give you a complete backup and restore solution.
If you are searching for one complete solution to help you backup and restore WhatsApp ios to android then switch to iSkysoft Toolbox. Yes, this tool will sails you through simple steps to backup and restore your WhatsApp messages from iPhone to Android. iSkysoft Toolbox – Restore Social App feature lets you backup WhatsApp messages and restore them selectively across all iOS and Android devices.
What makes iSkysoft a complete solution for all backup and restore needs
- It helps backup WhatsApp messages to Google Drive, iCloud and phone memory.
- It helps restore WhatsApp messages flawlessly from iPhone to Android devices.
- You can view WhatsApp back up content before you restore them. It helps you selectively restore the messages to your Android device.
- Offers successful restore for WhatsApp messages to iPad/iPhone.
- Enables smooth backup and restore your WhatsApp images, messages, files, videos, audios etc across iOS and Android devices.
- Compatible with all the latest models of iPad/iPhone/iPod and supports both Mac and Windows operating systems.
- No need to uninstall WhatsApp to restore WhatsApp messages from iPhone to Android.
- No complicated configurations involved so, no need of having the in-depth technical knowledge to use this tool.
- Offers seamless backup and restore without any data loss and saves a lot of time.
With iSkysoft Toolbox, you can escape the cumbersome task of backup and restore from iOS to Android devices. The backup and restore process becomes easy as there are no interruptions in between the process. iSkysoft safeguards your WhatsApp data and even switching to new devices will not bring in any worries for you.
Incoming search terms:
- Icloud Drive