Statistics about blockchain include some eye-opening facts that most people have never considered. 25 of the most surprising statistics include:
- Digital wallets can store your currency while earning interest, and as of February of 2021, 82 crypto wallets were available that store bitcoins and altcoins. One — Ledger Nano S — supports up to 472 currencies.
- Bitcoin, the most popular crypto, started at a price of $135 USD and peaked to $16,350. Unfortunately, it dropped under $6,500 in 2018, but has now reached an astonishing value of $42,682.60 as of March 22, 2022.
- Bitcoin has 18 million units in circulation at a value of nearly 800 billion dollars. The highest price per unit recorded was $68789.63.
- 70% of predicted sales figures for bitcoin will come from IT companies
and other business investors.
- IBM owns the Internet of Things, IoT, so the company decided to invest $200 million in blockchain technology to support expansion. IBM has long supported blockchain technology.
- The market for blockchain technology is expected to reach $7.59 billion by 2024 in companies providing financial services, transportation, media, and consumer products,
- About 44% of gamers buy or trade game-related digital assets sold using blockchain technology for products that can be classified as related to the Metaverse.
- Coinbase, a major digital currency exchange, raised more than $250 million in capitalization funds between 2014 and 2017 to create an exchange market used by millions of customers worldwide.
- 70% of company employees believe their companies can build a prosperous market in the Asia-Pacific region using blockchain technology.
- About 36% of the Europeans who work in the payment industry expect blockchain technology to have a major impact on the industry and force changes in all payment provider practices by 2025.
- 74% of product manufacturers admitted that their companies were either in the experimentation or production phase of developing blockchain applications.
- Companies and industries are using blockchain to improve compliance with regulatory issues, and 90% of government agencies plan to invest in blockchain research.
- Blockchain technology can reduce the administrative and infrastructure costs of traditional banks up to 30%.
- Blockchain has the ability to store vast amounts of data securely. Despite everyone having a copy of blockchain data, the information and account numbers can be encoded in ways that require a key to decode.
- The business value of blockchain will reach $360 billion by 2026 and reach $3 trillion just four years later because every major industry now invests in blockchain tech.
- The United States, despite frequent criticism of blockchain and cryptos, plans to spend $2.6 billion on blockchain-based solutions.
- Blockchain can save companies up to $12 billion a year by adopting the technology. Experts predict the market for blockchain technology will generate $20 billion by 2024
- Ripple, a San Francisco-based company, created a crypto coin called XRP, which immediately earned $30 billion in a few months.
- The FBI owns 1.5% of the world’s supply of bitcoins from investments and seizures for cyber crimes. The amounts are roughly equal for government funding and crime seizures involving bitcoins.
- Blockchain technology has managed a total of $270 billion in transactions.
- Microsoft Corp. and Accenture PLC participated in a joint venture to build a digitally powered network that provides legal identification using blockchain technology for people without documentation.
- More than 80% of worldwide banks are investigating the idea of introducing their own cryptocurrency despite heavy international banking criticism of the technology.
- Switzerland, despite its reputation of catering to banking interests, is also recognized for the world’s most stable economy. Experts rate Switzerland as the most favorable country for starting crypto-related businesses.
- The first blockchain was conceptualized by someone using the alias Satoshi Nakamoto to emphasize the anonymity of the technology
- Bitcoin was the first cryptocurrency to use blockchain technology back in 2008. There are now more than 70 million bitcoin wallets based on incredible growth and overwhelming value appreciation.
Learn and Earn
Crypto takes some work to understand, but so do other economic systems. The best way to understand the tech is to make a modest investment. Learn ,while you earn by buying or mining crypto, monitoring prices and selling to realize your profit.