Are you still reeling under the shock of losing your iPhone? Wondering what to do next? Let’s first unpair all the connected devices. And the first one that comes to mind is your Apple Watch. But wait, you don’t have your phone. How will you unpair your watch? Relax. It is possible to still do so. Let us learn how to unpair Apple Watch without phone.
To unpair the Apple Watch when you don’t have your phone, you need to first disable the Activation Lock. In this blog post, we will learn how to unpair Apple Watch without phone by disabling Activation Lock. We will also see how to reset the watch to the factory setting. So, let’s get started.
How To Unpair Apple Watch Without Phone
To unpair your Apple Watch without your iPhone, we must first remove the Activation Lock. For this, you have to use your iCloud account. What you need to do is go online and do the following steps:
- Use a computer to access a web browser
- Go to iCloud.com
- Sign in with your Apple ID and password.
- Open Find iPhoneSelect All Devices (at the top) > click your Apple Watch.
- Click the info button next to the device
- Click Remove Apple Watch
This will remove the Activation Lock. Now you can pair your Apple Watch with a new phone.
How To Unpair Apple Watch Without Phone and Passcode
Many people (like yours truly) struggle to remember so many passwords and passcodes. There are so many to remember!
If you have forgotten your passcode, you will have to reset the watch and set it up again. To do that, you can follow these steps:
- Put the Apple Watch on its charger and let it be on charge while you do the following steps.
- Press and hold the Digital Crown (side button) (in the same way you would power off.)
- Use a long press on the POWER OFF slider and let go when you see Erase all content and settings.
- Tap Reset.
- Tap Reset again to confirm.
- Wait for the process to finish. Now your Apple Watch is ready to set up again.
Another method of how to unpair Apple Watch without phone and erase all data:
- On your Apple smartwatch, tap Settings > General > Reset > Erase all content and settings.
- If the watch prompts for your password, type it.
- For GPS + Cellular models, you can keep or remove your cellular plan.
- You can keep your plan if you intend to pair the smartwatch with your iPhone again.
- You can remove the plan if you don’t want to pair the watch with your iPhone again.
- You may have to get your cellular subscription canceled if you don’t intend to pair the watch with another watch or phone again. This is the best solution if you plan to sell your watch
4. Tap Erase All to confirm. Your Apple Watch is now reset to the factory settings.
By doing this, you have erased all of the data, media, and settings on your watch. But the Activation Lock has not been removed yet. To set up your Apple Watch again or pair it with a new iPhone, you will need to remove the Activation Lock. For that, you need your Apple ID and password. You can do it on a computer like described above.
Apple Watch – A Superior Gadget
One of the boons of modern-day technology is connecting important gadgets and devices to each other. The Apple smartwatch is a prime example of that. By connecting this state-of-the-art piece of tech to your mobile phone, you can accomplish different tasks. You can –
- make and receive phone calls
- check and reply to messages
- read mails
- document your workout of the day
- use the camera
- change settings
- access Facebook
- rearrange and access apps
- access and check-in through apps for flights and hotels
And the list is endless because the Apple Watch does so much more. Just by swiping and tapping your wearable Apple smartwatch, you can access most of the apps that are there on your phone. Also, you can start an activity on the Apple Watch and finish it later on the iPhone.
But you might have a situation like your phone getting lost, or not functioning properly. It gets very difficult to operate the smartwatch at that time. It is then that you need to disconnect it, that too without the phone. By learning how to unpair Apple Watch without phone within your reach, you can easily deactivate the Activation Lock for further use.
What is Activation Lock?
The Activation Lock is a great feature if your phone gets stolen or lost. Until this gets removed, your phone will not be able to pair with any other phone. So, that helps in securing your watch and phone, lest it falls into the wrong hands. But if you want to see your Apple Watch or hand it down to someone else, then it is mandatory to deactivate the Activation Lock. It is at such times you feel you must know how to unpair Apple Watch without phone.
The Apple Watch is a wonderful gadget that makes life super easy and fun. When paired with an iPhone, the watch enables the user to perform a lot of tasks on the watch itself. But what would happen if you lose your phone and cannot find it again. For that, you have to unpair your Apple Watch from your lost phone to connect it to a new one. And how to unpair Apple Watch without phone? Just go to icloud.com and follow the above steps to unpair your Apple Watch or reset it.