Are you a youngster, and you don’t want your parents to know about your search history?? If yes, you need to know how to clear search history. Moreover, you need to delete search history because you don’t want others to know about your searches. Also, it is because the clutter of the browsing history can slow down your digital device. Therefore, in this article, we will try to answer all your queries about clearing search history and in all types of browsers. Thus, we will help you to delete all searches on all kinds of devices and search engines.
The information in this article will help you keep your browsing safe, and your device will be able to stay safe against all types of threats.
But, before we begin to provide you with step by step guide to clear browsing data, let’s see why clearing of browsing data is essential:
Table of Contents
Why do you need to clear browsing data?
Storing your browsing history for a long duration can take up the memory of your digital device. In some cases, if you don’t delete all searches, your device may work too slow, and you may face irritation. Additionally, if you are sharing your device with someone else, always make sure to clear browsing data for the sake of your privacy. You need to remove the history at regular intervals to ensure that all your online activities are private, and no one can know about the actions you perform online. All of us have been to a website that we don’t feel too proud of. Thus, clearing the browsing history will prevent you from embarrassing situations in front of your friends and family.
You don’t need to clear browsing data just because you want to keep your online activities private or prevent your digital device’s slowdown. Different search engine providers like Google and Mozilla Firefox save your browsing history, and they try to sell these data to advertisers. So, if you want to get protection against data breach, always try to clear browsing data.
How to Clear Search History on different platforms
If you are thinking about clearing browsing history on Google Chrome, follow these simple steps:
- Open Google Chrome
- Click on the three dots on the upper-right-hand side of the browser.
- Click on the History button and hit the History button again.
- A tab will open that will show you the option of “Clear browsing data.”
- You will receive another pop-up; make sure that you check the clear browsing history box.
- You can also check the amount of history you want to delete. This means, if you don’t want to delete individual browsing history, it won’t vanish.
- Click on the option “Clear data,” and you are good to go.
- Start the Firefox option.
- Open the menu bar, and you will find the “History” button.
- Click on the button to clear recent history.
- Try to make sure that Browsing and download history, as well as Form and search history.
- You can check the pull-down menu to decide the length of time you want to determine its size.
- Click on the “Clear now” button, and voila! The process is complete.
To delete the browsing history in Internet Explorer, follow these simple steps:
- Open the Internet Explorer browser.
- You will witness three bars on the upper right side of the browser.
- Click on the history button near the clock-arrow icon.
- Select the button that says “Clear history.”
- Make sure that you have checked all boxes that say “Browsing history.”
- Click on the “Clear button,” and you are good to go.
Deleting browsing history is relatively easy when you are using the Opera web browser.
- Open the Opera button.
- Click on the clock that is on the far-left toolbar.
- If you want to clear the history of an individual page, go to the key and click on the “X” button. It is there on the right-hand side of the page.
- If you want to clear all your browsing history at once, click on “Clear browsing data.”
- Click on “Clear Data,” and you are good to go.
If you want to delete history on the Bing browser, follow all these steps:
- Start the process by signing on Microsoft Account.
- Click on the three bars that are next to your login.
- Select the search history.
- Click on the button “View and delete search history.”
- You may need to log in again.
- Next, you will now move to the next page in which you will find View and clear search history.
- You can quickly delete each item individually or together.
- Click on the Clear button, and Voila, all your secret browsing history has been deleted.
Yahoo also comes up with quite a simple and easy process of deleting history.
- Start the process by logging into Yahoo.
- Go to the Yahoo search page and click the box that is on the Upper-right corner.
- Click on the settings button.
- On the far left, you will see an option that says “clear history.”
- If you want to delete all your search history, click on the option “Clear all.”
- Yahoo came up with an additional option that says that you can quickly turn off Yahoo history.
- This way, Yahoo won’t save your search history in the future.
You will feel refreshed once you find that no one will get access to your browsing data. Moreover, your browser will feel light and refreshed. Besides, your device won’t slow down, and you will be able to skip any glitches while browsing. So, use all these steps we have provided about How to clear search history. So, remove the junk and let us know if the process was helpful to you. Additionally, clearing history is one of the best options that will help you to optimize your device. Therefore, take control of your search history by using all these options of deleting search history.