Unfortunately, the truth is that social media can be fraught with some nasty disagreements and arguments. If you want, you can always remain civil on social media while trying to engage in mutually friendly and interesting debates. Moreover, you might want to avoid posting any of the potential controversial posts. In case, you are unfortunate enough to get engaged in any sort of debate, the only way to get rid of this scenario is by remaining calm and using some of the non-confrontational languages as you gladly respond.
In case, the other person responds at an angry manner, try blocking the person in question or ignoring them. If you can use social media towards your side, things will turn out to be brighter as before. Even in the case of Instagram, you can earn great help with growing Instagram followers, if you want to know the proper steps in this regard. Without wasting any time further, make sure to follow the points fair and square.
Make sure to avoid any touchy topic for discussion:
You have to consider the people who are on the friend’s list. Whenever you are sharing posts on the newsfeed, all friends get the chance to see it. In case, you have employers, family members or colleagues in the network, then you might have to scale back a bit on what you plan to post, for just avoiding any kind of argument with them.
- In terms of Facebook, you have the right to decide on people who can actually see individual posts. Before you even get to post a status, you can click on the button stating “Friends” right next to the term “Post.” Once you are through with the click, there will be a menu appearing. Here, you have to click on the “more options” and then deal with the “custom.” You need to select the friends that you have and those whom you don’t want to watch the post if that makes you uncomfortable.
- Always remember that if your colleagues or boss gets to see your post, it might most certainly hamper the working relationship in the wrong way you have not ever wanted. You need to consider carefully on how much of personal views you want to share with the same.
- In case, you have younger family members or children on friend’s list of social media, you can easily avoid using explicit language or any kind of sexual references.
Make sure to post some neutral topics:
There are some topics available online, which is determined as religion or politics. Such topics can also invite discussion and even some debate. It might not prove to be that problem in itself, if you are actually looking to keep on arguments off of the FB page, you might want to avoid such controversial topics right on the first place. So, instead, you can try sticking to some neutral items such as funny animal memes, family pictures, memories with some old stories attached to it, some blog posts as non-political in nature and even some interesting videos.
Make sure to keep the complaint section off of the page you are in or using:
It is time for you to avoid using or posting complaints on social media pages, mainly complaints directed towards the businesses, specified people or even groups. There are some people who might disagree with the complaint and may become defensive. That simple defensive statement can easily start an argument in no time.
- In case, you are having any form of issue with the particular person in question, make sure to keep it right off the social media bag. You don’t need to show the world what you feel about this particular person. Let’s just keep it inside your mind.
- In case, the boss gets to see you complaining about the working environment you are in or saying anything bad about the co-workers, then you might be able to fire the same.
- Any form of complaint regarding any particular business needs to be posted right on the wall. It is really important that you maintain a civil tone, even if they have done point that is otherwise wrong.
You need to showcase some advice only when you are asked for the same:
There are multiple times when you will come across people like to vent right about their lives on social media. Well, this does not actually mean that people are willing to get some advice. It is always best to avoid giving people some unsolicited advice. Make sure to give suggestions if the person on the other hand mainly asks for the assistance.
- Let’s just say that if someone announces that they are sick, then you should not reply by advising the person to have a multivitamin. In its place, you can easily offer some sympathetic statement like you are sorry to hear about it and hope to get well soon. You can even ask the person if he or she needs any help from you.
- You should never judge how people portray their relationships, children or even personal life right on FB. In case, you are actually seriously worried about behavior, you can actually try calling them in its place.
Always try to make profile private:
By just trying to make the profile private, you are practically limiting profile and feed to some chosen people only. By working on that, you can always freely post what is right on your mind and without even risking the argument at all. Be prepared that some of those close friends might not approve what you just have to say and that is all okay. People have different mentalities and you cannot expect everybody to be on the same page.
Trying to go private is all in your hand and you can change the settings whenever you want to. If you can turn out to be more civilized, things will start working right in your favor for sure.
Author Bio: Harris is a leading blog writer and content marketing professional with thousands of real Instagram followers for his postings.